About the Client:We are one of world’s leading Manufacturers of new technologies within the Lift and Escalator industry. A global brand and market leader, our client is responsible for some of the world’s most prestigious and technologically advanced vertical transport solutions, providing the world’s leading banks, hotels, office buildings and more with reliable and advanced Lifts and Escalators. My client is looking for an experienced Assistant Commercial / Project Manager in and around London.
About the Role:
- Identifying any issues, risks or challenges during the design or installation stages that may result in delay or any financial loss and providing solutions to overcome these issues.
- Preparing a Resource Plan that shows actual and planned resources required for projects.
- Supporting the Commercial Manager and Project Managers in the preparation of budgets, cost plans, site logistic planning and programmes to ensure that all projects achieve the agreed financial margins and also meet client requirements.
- Working closely with the design and installations teams to identify any work that is a variation to the contract and collate any relevant information and submit to the client.
- Implementation and compliance with Company policies and health and safety, quality and environmental systems.
- Attending relevant meetings as directed by the Commercial and Project Managers and recording notes and actions from these meetings as necessary.
- Preparation of reports describing the actual progress of technical, commercial, financial matters relating to both design and site activities and comparing with planned progress.
- Assisting the Commercial and PMs in the collation of information regarding the preparation of items including contract documents, valuations, variations/changes, and health and safety matters.
- Carry out reviews to ensure that direct and sub contract labour complies with company and site safety requirements.
- Liaising with the supply chain and supporting the Commercial Manager in the negotiation and awarding of contracts to sub-contractors and suppliers in accordance with the agreed procurement strategy.
- Identify and implement ways to improve how we manage projects
About the Candidate:
- Understanding of commercial and project management processes and procedures
- Experience in management of the design and construction of building projects
- Educated to degree/HNC/HND level or equivalent
- IT Literate and competent user of Microsoft packages (Outlook, Excel, Word, Project & PowerPoint).
- Personal attributes: self-motivated, conscientious, driven, methodical, personable, optimistic and resourceful.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Excellent time management, multitasking skills and ability to meet deadlines set.
- Ability to use own initiative
- Strong organisational skills.
- Ability to work effectively both individually and as part of a team
Points of Appeal:
- Basic salary of £45,000 plus Bonus and Company Car
- Health Care and Dental Insurance Schemes
- Pension Scheme
- Sports and Social Club
- Reward benefit which allows employees to apply for retail gift cards at reduced rates.
- GymFlex- option to view/join local gyms via our benefit portal at reduced membership fees.
- Holiday- 22 days increasing by a day each year of service until it reaches 27 days.
- Childcare Vouchers Scheme
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Paul Seth on 0203 640 8969 or email email@example.com